The buffing pad is used together with a chuck adaptor spindle supplied with the TC874 polishing kits.
Alternatively the TC336 arbor would also fit the buffing pad.
How to use the compounds and the buffing pads:
1) The adaptor is used to hold the buffing pad in the drill's chuck. Fasten the correct buffing pad in the adaptor. Make sure the flanges are on both sides of the buffing pad.
2) It would be best to use a drill press to polish metals. If a drill press is not accessible, use adaptor TCV01810 with a portable drill with a collar diameter of Ø43mm. Tighten the adaptor in the drill's chuck.
3) The buffing pad should revolve towards you at full speed. Pass the compound lightly across the face of the buffing pad. To ensure that the compound is evenly spread, hold a clean piece of scrap metal against the face of the buffing pad. This will eliminate lumps of compound from occurring.
4) If desired, heat the item to 65°C using an oven or a heater. Warming the metal keeps the compound on the buffing pad. A cool item will draw compound from the pad and leave deposits. Use a glove to handle the warm item.
5) Hold the metal lightly against the buffing pad. Allow the compound to do the work.
If more compound is required, apply it using a wiping motion. Do not overload the buffing pad.