Bitulastic is a solvent-based, cold applied sealant used for cracks in weathered pavements, roadways, sprayseal cracking, water retaining structures, concrete roofs, factory flooring, draining, and sewerage pits.
- Corrugated and IBR galvanized roofs.
- Granular, smooth or asbestos/fibre cement profiled roof tiles.
- Excellent flexibility and adhesion
- Maximum coverage
- Water based
- Ease of application
- Weather resistant
THEORETICAL SPREAD RATE:
- 2lt per m² based on a 3-coat application.
- This is a guide only and the practical spread rate depends on substrate porosity. and profile as well as technique and tools used.
- Ensure all surfaces are thoroughly cleaned, dried, and free from contaminations such as dust, oil, and chemical contaminates.
- Stir Bitulastic thoroughly, prior to using a stirring tool attached to an electric drill.
- Apply undiluted substance using a block brush, soft broom, or spray gun.
- Allow to dry for 3-4 hours (depending on climatic conditions).
- Apply second coat, repeat drying time, then apply third coat.
- Each coat must be completely dry before the next coat is applied.
- Please note: for areas with excessive movement and expansion joints it is recommended to use a membrane with the Bitulastic. NB: The drying time between coats remain at 3-4 hours.
- Soak brushes in water.
- Collect spills with suitable absorbent material.
- Do not apply if rain is expected.
- To ensure colour consistency check that the batch numbers are the same on all packaging.
- Skin contact: Wash thoroughly with soap and water.
- Eye contact: Flush immediately with water and contact a physician.
- Respiratory problems: Remove affected person to fresh air immediately and contact a physician.
- Not for consumption. If swallowed, contact a doctor immediately. Do not induce vomiting. Drink water.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not pour paint down the drain TECHNICAL DATA
- Pack size 5 litre and 20litre buckets
- Touch dry 2 hours
- Hard dry 4 hours
- Over coating time 24 hours
- Full Cure 7 days
- Application temperature 10°C to 35°C
- Viscosity 105 – 115Ku
- pH 8.50 – 9.50
- Fire hazard None
- Shelf life 6-12 months (dependent on storage conditions)
- Storage Cool, dry area below 25°C Properties listed above are for guidance only and not a guarantee on performance